Below are a few of my back to school 'essentials', mainly because they are things I often wish I had while at school. I always get sort of giddy when it's time to go back to school. When I was little as soon as the school stuff came out at Target I would beg my mom to go school shopping and rearrange all of my new stuff in my room. Needless to say I don't really do that anymore, now it's more like oh good I have a notebook with five empty pages that will get me through the first week, but new school supplies are still fun.
1. A Backpack. I know this seems stupid, duh you need a backpack but I have tried using shoulder bags for school and unless you don't have very much to carry, it's not a good idea. This will save your shoulders big time, plus it's cute!
2. An Umbrella. Whether you store it in your car or in your backpack, it's handy to have for when it unexpectedly starts raining. In Utah we have very fickle weather, you never know what it's going to do!
3. A Water Bottle. Ask any of my friends, I carry this EVERYWHERE. It's important to stay hydrated and I find it a lot easier when I have my water bottle with me.
4. A Stapler to keep in your backpack, for when you forget and the professor insists that he/she will lose your paper (unintentionally) if it's not stapled. You'll be the one prepared and other people will be asking to use it as well.
5. Comfotable Shoes . College is not a fashion show, most people show up to class in sweats anyways (I never have once!) but if you school is on an incline like mine, or you just do a lot of walking, comfort is key!
6. A Motivational Planner. I like to keep everything organized and although everyone has smart phones now, sometimes I like to just write it down once instead of telling Siri to confirm reminders three times. This one is especially cute and they have lots of other cute planners in their etsy shop.
7. A Lanyard. These are perfect for everything. Throw your keys on it and you should still be able to fish it out of your backpack when you are leaving campus, add one of these and you don't even have to carry your wallet with you.
8. Headphones. Want to drown out that annoying person in the quiet zone yammering on their phone? Always keep a pair of headphones in your bag!
Are you ready for back to school? What else would you consider an 'essential' for back to school?
Have a great day, thanks for reading!